The Employment and Labor Law Committee is one of several DRI committees participating in DRI's inaugural Data Breach and Privacy Law Seminar, September 11-12, 2014 in Chicago. Click here to sign up.
It seems like every day when we open a newspapaer or turn on the TV, there is another report of a significant data breach, followed by customer outrage and lawsuits! This seminar will offer presentations from data security and privacy professionals who are at the forefront of cutting-edge data security and privacy issues, as well as industry leaders who will provide valuable insight and practical experience. I encourage you to attend.
Attendees will learn from real world scenarios and obtain concrete takeaways to aid in understanding and navigating the field of data security, including presentations on topics such as:
• The "science" of cyber attacks
• Industry standards for privacy and data protection
• Theories of civil liability and data security breach
• Technical requirements for the protection of health records
• Effective strategies to respond to data breach incidents, including insurance coverage
• Data security ethical issues
The seminar will be an excellent educational and networking opportunity for everyone who attends. Our committee helped shape the topics and I know you will benefit from attending.