The Technology Committee is presenting a webcast entitled “Expanding Your Reach – How to Use Technology to Increase Productivity Outside of the Traditional Office.” The webcast is scheduled for Tuesday, September 22, beginning at 1:30 p.m. CST. Registration and Continuing Legal Education information will be available soon.
New technology presents the opportunity to have access to more information from more locations more quickly. The benefits of this technology are wide-ranging, from allowing attorneys who frequently travel to stay connected with their clients, to having a virtual office outside a courtroom during trial, to allowing firms to offer non-traditional work arrangements to both keep good employees and reduce their office overhead. This webcast will give you the opportunity to learn how to maximize your IT dollar and to leverage the technology you have for purposes beyond merely the traditional. Whether you are thinking about maternity leave, a lawyer with a heavy travel schedule, or just about to take that much needed vacation, this webcast will teach you what you need to know to stay "in the know" while you are away from your desk.
This webcast is designed for lawyers who want to maximize productivity within their firm and use technology to help retain talented employees, for lawyers who frequently travel as a part of their practice, for lawyers who are contemplating non-traditional work arrangements, such as telecommuting, and anyone else who is interested in learning different ways to use new technology to work more efficiently.
The webcast will be presented by Cynthia P. Arends and Courtney E. Ward-Richard of Halleland Lewis Nilan & Johnson, P.A., in Minneapolis, and will address:
· How the use of PDAs and other devices can assist in managing work away from the office.
· The role home offices and telecommuting can play in increasing the efficiency of time and improving work/life balance.
· How to use technology to set up a virtual office during out-of-town trials.
· The emergence of new technologies, such as videoconferencing, to increase productivity when outside of the office.
· How to attract and keep valuable women attorneys without sacrificing client service.
Registration and CLE information will be available soon at DRI’s Webcasts page.